- Your account and any personal details therein are secure and not shared with any other parties.
- Your registered access code and moderator PIN are assigned to only your account – you are able to change that as often as you like via the Settings section of your account.
- If you enter your cell phone or mobile number in the Settings section of your account, you will get a text message whenever anyone calls into your conference line and you are not already present on the call.
- You can read more about that here: PIN-less entry and SMS Notifications
- Additional security settings are available with all paid accounts. Read more about this on our support site.
You will be able to see every participant that has joined your call via the FreeConference.com Online Meeting Room. Using the free service you will see the first 6 digits of those who have called in from their phone and the name of anyone who has called in via their computer.
In addition to this, in our secure conference call service, all the voice and video is fully encrypted, which makes this one of the most secure and private ways to hold a video call over the internet.
The Online Meeting Room works via WebRTC. WebRTC is a secure protocol. It uses both Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS) and Secure Real-time Transport Protocol (SRTP) to encrypt data. Chat messages are sent via HTTPS, a secure protocol. The chat messages are received by other participants via WebSockets over SSL/TLS. This is also a secure protocol.
As the moderator, you can also disconnect any unwanted callers by hovering your mouse over their tile and clicking on ‘Remove’. If you sign up for one of our paid plans for additional security features, such as the meeting lock and one-time access code.
Additionally, there are several different privacy features provided with our service. Each account has a unique access code for entry, callers announce themselves when they enter the conference (alternately: chimes can be used in place of voice announcements). Also, our call Moderator Controls feature provides a visual level of security. Organizers can control and manage the call in real-time.
The Online Meeting Room works using what is called a ‘secure protocol’. It uses both Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS) and Secure Real-time Transport Protocol (SRTP) to encrypt data. Chat messages are sent via HTTPS, a secure protocol. The chat messages are received by other participants via WebSockets over SSL/TLS. This is also a secure protocol.
Additionally, hosts have full control of who is present in the meeting and disconnect/block participants if required. Using premium features, they have the ability to lock a conference and also schedule meetings with a one-time access code.
FreeConference.com is a secure conference call service. To ensure the privacy of your conference calls, I would recommend monitoring your meetings using the FreeConference.com Online Meeting Room. This will enable you to see who arrives and when. You can also disconnect and block callers.
With a premium paid service, you have access to additional privacy and security features. These include the option to lock a conference call in progress or schedule a meeting with a one-time access code.